- 1 package of chicken breast chunks
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 1/4- 1/2 of package of fat free cream cheese
- 2-4 Tablespoons of minced fresh onion
- 1 spoonful minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- Place cream cheese in a small bowl. Stir in minced garlic.
- Cut two slices of onion from an onion already in your fridge. Dice the onion into tiny pieces. The smaller the better. Mix onion into cream cheese mixture. Place into fridge for later use.
- Cook bacon until about 1/2 done. Press between paper towels to remove excess grease. Set aside.
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Set aside.
- Place chicken chunks between wax paper and hit with a meat mallet until thin.
- Open wax paper and sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Remove cream cheese mixture from fridge. Spread cream cheese into the center of each jalapeno slice.
- Layer a piece of chicken and jalapeno together. Wrap with 1/2 slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Continue until all poppers have been created.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place foil on grill.
- Place chicken on foil and cook for approximately 5-10 minutes. Flip. Finish cooking another 5-10 minutes. **Cook time will depend on how thin the chicken is as well as the temperature of your grill.** Adjust temperature as you see fit.
For the little ones, just wrap the chicken in bacon and provide a dipping sauce. Something about dipping encourages even the pickiest of eaters to partake in the meal.
Serve with a simple side salad, corn guacamole, and watermelon. YUM-MY!