I know I do not have the flu as I do not feel THAT bad. I just think I body is not well.
Here are my plans to help deter my own personal "soul fever":
*The ideas below are in no particular order.*
- read... jump into the pages of a good story and loose myself in the warmth of the words on the pages.
- pedicure... pampering the feet heals my soul. I do not get a pedicure often enough, but at times like this it is imperative to aide in the healing of my spirit. The quiet time is a must during these cold, wintry days.
- lavender bath... a hot bath with lavender oil. The steam helps clear the head of stuffiness. The lavender relaxes the spirit. The heat warms the body to the core.
- quiet meditation... peace, quiet, calm. This is something the body needs in order to ground itself. I am not a meditator in the true sense of the word. I just do my own thing.
Try to do this twice a day for 10-20 minutes each time. I have noticed that my mood is much brighter and I feel less jittery on the inside if I can keep up this practice.
- drink... several cups of peppermint tea with truvia. The tea will not only help to open the sinuses and clear my head, but warm by body from within.
- tei fu... a natural wintergreen oil that is applied to the temples and base of neck. It can also be placed liberally on the palms and inhaled. This is a wonderfully natural way to open the sinuses and relieve headache.
How do you ground yourself during these cold days of winter?
What is your favorite ritual of self indulgence?