There are many reasons for headaches such as eye strain (prolonged reading or computer use), allergies (congestion or the such) and emotional stress.
Here are some remedies that can hopefully provide relief:
- aromatherapy: peppermint, sandalwood, lavender, and eucalyptus: Use 100% pure products. The higher the quality the better.
Facial Massage... Mix 6 drops of oil with 1TBS face oil. Massage on face and neck using circular motion.
Inhalation... DO NOT ATTEMPT IF YOU HAVE ASTHMA OR RESPITORY ISSUES... Mix 3-5 drops of oil into a bowl of hot, hot water. Place a towel over your head and the bowl. Slowly inhale the steam. Stop after approximately 5 minutes.
- ice pack: Apply ice pack directly to the part of your head that has pain.
- pressure: Apply gently pressure to the area in pain. Press and massage for about 15 seconds. Release and repeat.
- rest: Lay down in a darkened room. Breath slowly and evenly. Apply a rice pad that has been chilled in the freezer to your head.
- tea: Drink peppermint or chamomile tea.
- hot bath: Take a hot bath and place a cool towel on your forehead. Don't forget to turn down the lights and block out as much noise as possible.
- sinus pressure: If you believe the headache to be caused by sinus issues, nasal irrigation and spicy food might help to relieve some of the sinus pressure.