Below you will find several home remedies I have stumbled upon during my search:
- chilled cucumbers: reduces irritations, puffiness, and swelling: Place thin slices on the eyes until no longer chilled.
- rosewater: coolest and soothes: Rinse eyes with rosewater several times a day.
- raw potato: reduced puffiness and other eye irritations: Place thin slices on the eye for no less than 30 minutes. Rinse eyes thoroughly afterwards.
- aloe vera: reduces eye irritation: Mix 1/4 tsp. aloe vera juice mixes with 1/2 cup of water. Use to rinse the eye.
- humidify: reduces allergens and moistens eyes: Place a cool air humidifier in the room you use most often.
- green or black tea: soothes itching and burning: Moisten cotton balls and place over the eyes.
- check for a deficiency in vitamins A & B12