The Boy Scouts had a dad and son cake off this year. T Man and Gordon made a dirt and worm cake. It turned out good enough to win the SILLIEST CAKE award at the meeting. They were both thrilled!!
T is a ham just like his uncle. Every time the camera comes out you never know what he'll think of next. Here he is pretending to eat the cake. He wanted to make the picture funny. This was taken before we knew he would win the award. I should have known.
How to Make a Dirt and Worm Cake:
1. Make 2 nine inch round chocolate cakes per the box directions.
2. Place one of the cakes on a plate or serving tray and frost it with fudge frosting.
3. Place about 5 gummy worms on the cake in random places.
4. Place the second cake on top of the first cake and frost it as well.
5. Dump one roll of chocolate chip cookies into a large baggie and smash with your hands or a rolling pin.
6. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the cake. I dumped the crumbs into a recycled butter container and poked holes in the lid with a knife. This made the clean-up a bit easier.
7. Finally, poke your finger into the cake in 5-6 places. Insert a gummy work into each of the holes and cover any exposed hole with frosting.
8. If you have any extra gummy worms left, arrange them on the plate or serving tray as desired.
Hope you enjoy making this yummy cake. I think it is the perfect springtime activity for a family cooking night. My boys had so much fun making it with daddy as I supervised.