I made this for a meeting the other day. It was a hit. Very yummy!!
- Pillsbury Italian bread dough
- sage breakfast sausage
- 8 ounces of cheese shredded
- 1 small can green chilies
- 2 eggs
- butter for brushing on roll
- Cook sausage. Drain.
- Mix cheese, eggs, and chilies with the sausage.
- Spray counter top with olive oil.
- Roll dough as thin as possible.
- Pour sausage mixture onto the center of the dough. Roll dough over the mixture. Use your fingers to crimp the dough closed. Smooth out with fingers.
- Spray a bundt pan with olive oil. Place sausage roll in pan.
- Cover with wet paper towels and place outside or in a warm oven for 1 hour to rise.
- Uncover and cook for 35-45 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from oven and rub surface with butter.
- I had to get my husband to help me lift the roll into the bundt pan. The roll is fairly heavy and began to tear.
- Next time, I am going to add more veggies: mushrooms, peppers, onion.
- You can also use low fat sausage. I only used sage for the flavor.