Lemon crackle cookies are not only scrumptious. They are super easy to make.
- 1 box lemon cake mix (generic works fine)
- 8 ounces light cool whip
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar
- Mix all first three ingredients until dough is just mixed.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll cookie balls into powdersugar to coat.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- Dough is sticky. It will start to form balls when you roll it in the powdered sugar. In other words, don't stress when if the dough is not forming.
- It really does take the full 12 minutes to cook. I tried 8 and kept increasing the time. 12 minutes was barely done. Makes a super moist delectable treat.