1/2 teaspoon dried mustard powder (more if needed)
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
1 lime juiced and rind grated
2 squeezes honey
2 cloves garlic crushed and separated
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1. Mix equal parts vinegar and oil in a large plastic baggie. Add dried mustard and squeeze baggie to distribute.
Note... Dried mustard helps vinegar and oil to mix.
2. Add remaining ingredients minus the lime rind. Mix again by squeezing the baggie.
3. Slowly add in lime rind. Mix and taste. keep adding rind until you reach a flavor that fits your palate.
4. Marinade shrimp in the fridge for 1-2 hours or as long as overnight.
5. Grill over medium heat for 2-4 minutes per side.
You can make the marinade in a glass container and use a fork to mix.
If you do not have an onion, use about 1/2- 1 teaspoon of onion powder or onion flakes instead.
If you do not have fresh garlic, use garlic powder. Again between 1/2- 1 teaspoon should do.
**All measurements are approximate. This is one of those recipes I just dump and pour.**