This recipe comes from a Taste of Home cookbook. I altered it only slightly.
- 1 pound ground beef (leaner the better)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite cheese (shredded or finely chopped)
- 3 TBS finely chopped parsley
- 2 TBS minced garlic (the refrigerated kind)
- onion flakes (apply liberally)
- 3 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 piece of bread tore in tiny pieces
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Mix all ingredients except ground beef.
2. Add ground beef. Mix well.
3. Form meat mixture into round balls. Should make about 24 meatballs.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- 1 jar orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2-3 picked jalapenos (seeded and chopped)
1. Dump all ingredients into a sauce pan. Reserve 1/2 of the green onion for garnish.
2. Stir well.
3. Heat stirring often.
4. Pour glaze over finished meatballs.
5. Top with remaining green onions.
Serve with rice and a veggie. Beware... These meatballs are hard to put down. I think I gained 2 pounds the day I made these.