As for my little one, he needs constant moisturizing and exfoliating due to a skin condition that does not allow his skin to naturally slough from his body. The dead skin hangs on until it is physically removed by hand.
That is why I was so excited to read this months copy of Better Homes and Garden. They shared 3 wonderful skin care recipes that are perfect for summer time and those of us needing a skin pick me up.
- 2 TBS. white rice
- 2 TBS. coffee beans
- 1 fresh vanilla bean cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup natural plain yogurt
- Mix first 3 ingredients mini food processor or coffee grinder.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add a small amount of warm water. Mix together to make a paste.
- Apply all over body rubbing vigorously.
- Apply yogurt over skin to moisturize.
Note: If you are going to make homemade skin care products on a regular basis, it is a good idea to purchase a cheap blender, coffee grinder, and/or mini food processor. It's better to not contaminate your appliances used for food preparation.