- 1 pair of cotton socks
- 1 pair of thick wool socks
1. Take a pair of cotton socks and soak them completely with cold water. Be sure to wring the socks out thoroughly so they do not drip.
2. Warm child’s feet first by soaking them in warm water for 5-10 minutes. Alternatively, you can give them a bath right before the treatment.
3. Dry off feet (and body) with a dry towel.
4. Place cold wet socks on child’s feet. Cover dry wool socks immediately. Get them to bed right away to avoid getting them chilled.
5. Leave the socks on them overnight. You will find that the wet cotton socks will be dry by the morning.
- Contrast of hot and cold stimulates the immune system.
- Increased peripheral circulation leads to decreased congestion and better sleep.