- improves concentration
- increases memory
- increases the ability to handle stress
- heightens creativity
- & instills a calmness.
I am going to start introducing yoga and meditation to T Man to hopefully help give him the tools needed to handle stressful situations at school and to get a grip on his anger.
How to Play Kim's Game:
- Place several small objects on a tray. Try to make the items as varied as possible. For example, knife, fork, spoon, nuts, bolts, screws, string, button, ribbon. Place a small towel over the items to cover them.
- Then, uncover the items for about 1 minute allowing the children to look the tray over while trying to remember what the tray contains.
- Cover the tray again and have the children orally tell you what was on the tray or write the items down on a slip of paper. Tell each child how many items he/she remembered.
- Uncover the tray again and repeat.
Repeat this game every day for about a week or until your child is no longer interested.
Kim's Game will help increase memory and guide children to strategies that aid in remembering.
As I learn more about meditating with children and gain insight through trying to learn the practice as a teach it to my son, I will keep you posted. I am hopeful that meditation will bring an element of peace to my family and bring us even closer together.