I found this recipe on my favorite site, receipezaar. Real people post simple, easy recipes for folks just like me. Some of the recipes even turn out for this not so good cook. Now, that says alot.
- 1 small head of iceburg lettuce
- 3 clementines (peeled and in pieces)
- 2 medium apples, (cored and peeled)
- 2 small onions
- 3/4 cup mayo or miracle whip
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Peel onions and clementines.
2. Shred lettuce into large bowl.
3. Chop onion and apples into bowl.
4. Section clementines and cut sections in half. Add to shredded lettuce.
5. Toss lightly. 6. In a small bowl, mix mayo with milk.
7. Blend until smooth.
8. Stir in garlic salt, pepper and sugar.
9. Pour over salad and toss lightly until combined.
Yummy! I am thinking about serving this with open faced chicken salad sandwiches/wraps. A little homemade lemonade or good southern style sweet tea and you have the perfect summer picnic meal.