If you are interested in natural health and healing or just want to learn more about herbs, you have to check out the site. What Learning Herbs.com has to offer:
- free ebooks
- free webinars
- free ecourses
- a cooperative board game to teach children about herbs (my kids love this game)
- medicinal kits with all you need to create your first salve and tincture.
How to Make a Lavender Thyme Disinfectant:
1. Fill a quart jar with 1 cup dried thyme leaves and 1 cup lavender flowers.
2. Fill the remaining portion of the jar with white vinegar and seal tightly.
3. Allow mixture to sit for at least 24 hours.
4. Strain vinegar from jar. Try to get as much of the herbs separated from the vinegar as possible.
5. Place vinegar into a spray bottle. Use to clean an surface you would normally clean with a disinfectant.
*NOTE* You can add a few drops of essential oil to the vinegar and shake. I like orange and lavender together, but you can experiment to find a duo that works best for you.
Learning Herbs.com suggest getting herbs in bulk from Mountain Rose Herbs.