I got this cute Valentine card idea from Valerie at Frugal Family Fun Blog. All you need is a couple of markers and white construction paper.
Here is what we did:
- Color your thumb yellow with a marker.
- Press your thumbprint to the white paper toward the top and in the center. If the yellow is not dark enough, repeat this step. Make sure to try to get the thumbprint to match up as close as possible to the original print when stamping.
- Take a black marker and add detail to the "bee". Also, write the words... Bee Mine... under the thumbprint design.
- Next, use 5 different colored markers and add 10 dots onto the card in each color. (i.e. 10 red, 10 blue, 10 green, etc.)
- Finally, use decorative scissors to fancy up the edges.
Simple, cute, and fun.
We send our cards to sick children in the local hospital, so they wouldn't miss out on all the Valentine's Day fun. The kinder kiddos really loved this project!