While on the HCG Diet I am drinking ionic water and loving it! Iconic water has many added benefits including releasing excess body fat and stored toxins, normalizing blood pressure, supporting health colon function, resolving urinary tract infections, reducing chronic pain, providing tons of antioxidants.
I actually went into the local Naturopath yesterday and sampled 3 different waters: tap and two different ionic waters. They store owner put a device in the waters. The tap water was +400 for bad stuff (oxidants of some sort... to be honest I do not understand it all completely). Ionic water #1 was -200 meaning it had that amount of antioxidants in the water. The second ionic water was -400.
I cannot praise ionic water enough. I am NOT a water drinker... just do not like it. It's hard to describe, but ionic water goes down more smoothly and your body begins to crave it. With the amazing benefits it contains, there is no wonder!
You can physically see the difference in water clarity. I know you can taste the difference. My youngest tasted my water and asked why it was so yummy. I told him it was a different water for my diet. When he wanted a refill, I asked him to go to the fridge like normal and get filtered water. He requested the new, "better" water.
Now, that's an accomplishment.
Since the water is ionized you have to be careful of the containers in which you drink it from. Stainless still is okay, but glass is a better option because some metal containers have a coating on the inside to keep the liquid from tasting metallic. It is unknown at this time if the lining leaks BPA's or not... I did not know this. Yikes.
Glass Water Bottles:
- Love Bottle... An old school bottle that can be personalized. Super cute, though not the easiest to clean... tiny opening. $18 for 1000ml
- Life Factory Glass Beverage Bottles... Wide mouth, silicone cover. Not as cute, but very practical. $22
- Glass Water Bottle... If you are looking for a traditional plastic bottle look and feel, here you go. Holds 20 ounces. $13.99
- Urban Glass Water Bottle... The words "allow peace" are printed on the bottle. 100% recyclable, no toxic leaching, and leak proof lid. Holds about 14 ounces. $22
- Takeya Modern Glass Water Bottle with Silicone Sleeve... Very modern looking design. Comes with a silicone sleeve in a variety of color options. 25 ounce capacity. $25