Last year, we cut paper hearts out of cardstock and wrote each classmate's name on the heart before attaching it to the pencil. It worked in a pinch and the second graders didn't seem to mind that it was thrown together at the last minute.
This year I am planning ahead a bit. I already purchased 50 pencils from the dollar spot at Target. I think there were 10 pencils in each Valentine themed pack. I am wanting my boys to be more involved in the creative process this year, so I am on the hunt for some easy ideas.
Here is what I have found so far:
- felt and beads heart topper
- felt and initial toppers... scroll down post to view
- printable toppers... 2 Valentine themed and one of Washington and one of Lincoln
- printable Mickey Mouse toppers
- free printable toppers... just follow her blog and she will send you the PDF... very professional looking
- foam conversation heart toppers
One Pink Fish
Love the thought of giving scented pencils or pens, check out I Love Smencils.
*Note From a Teacher: If you give pencils as Valentines, please make sure that you sharpen them before hand. A teacher does not have time to sharpen 22 pencils and the kids are greatly disappointed if they have to wait until they get home to use them... <wink>*