Here are some items to consider:
- a small sack, bag, or bucket in which to store your items
- small toys or house hold items
- nature items such as rocks, pinecones, sticks, etc.
- seasonal items such as handcut snowflake, icicle ornament left over from your tree decorations, jingle bells, etc.
- bits of string, strips of material
- sewing odds and ends (buttons, lace, etc.)
- the choices are endless.
- Decide if each person will choose an item or if one item will be chosen.
- Have the oldest person begin the story weaving the use of his/her item amongst the details.
The above description is only one way to use a Story Sack. You should create your own family traditions all the way.
**Idea courtesy of earth family.**