*Note* Staph is usually contracted person to person (touching someone who has the infection), but can be contracted from touching tainted surfaces as well.
1. Keep your hand clean. Use soap and water. Rub vigorously for at least 15 seconds.
2. Keep cuts and scrapes clean. Put band aids on all cuts that have not healed yet.
3. Do not come in contact with other people’s “boo-boo”s.
4. Do not share towels or razors (any personal item that can carry the bacteria).
5. Keep surface areas clean including door knobs, toilet handles, and phones.
6. Use Lysol, or PineSol or diluted beach to clean the surfaces and check the lables to see how long the product needs to “sit” to be effective.