- 12 oz. cooked chicken breast
- 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 oz) can of water chestnuts diced
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper diced
- 1/4 of a red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno minced (OPTIONAL)
Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3 T. cider vinegar
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. ground red pepper
- 1/4 t. salt
Combine dressing ingredients in a small container with a tight fitting lid. Shake until all salt is dissolved.
Pour dressing over salad and toss.
Serve with tortillas... after all, I do live in Texas.
*I am going to add corn and diced avocado to the salad as well... OR... I will serve it with guacamole and ff sour cream on the side. *
Hope this recipe is as simple & tasty as it sounds.