I received Nature's Playground about a month ago. I must say I am very impressed with the content.
The book begins by going over outdoor places to consider, how to include the entire family and ways to encourage everyone to get involved. After the introduction, the book divides into a section for each of the seasons, year long activities, activities for after dark, safety and resources.
This book is the perfect place to start if you are unsure on how to bring your family closer to nature.
The photographs are exquisite as they depict real children enjoying the great outdoors.
Several Suggestion for Autumn from Nature's Playground:
- natural painting: using plants and berries to create paint
- autumn collections: collecting various natural treasures most found on the ground
- forest mobiles: using natural treasures to create mobiles
- You must purchase the book yourself to find out details and more activities to get your family involved with nature.
- Nature Rocks
- National Wildlife Federation
- Be Out There
- Nature Club for Families Tool Kit
- Pathway to Nature