Below you will find several recipes I am going to try in hopes of softening his face, so that I can easily remove the skin scaling.
If you have dry skin, give them a try and let me know what you think as well. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Avocado and Honey Facial Mask
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup honey
- Mash the avocado in a bowl, then stir in honey.
- Apply to skin and leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse face with a cool washcloth.
This recipe makes a mask for two.
- 1 tsp powdered milk
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp aloe vera gel
- 2 drops essential oil
Mix ingredients well, apply to face, let sit for 15 minutes, wash off with warm water.
Egg and Honey Mask
For dry skin, mix one egg yolk, one teaspoon honey and a teaspoon olive oil and some vitamin E oil if you have it. Smooth on and leave on for 15 min. , rinse in lukewarm water and pat dry.
Nourishing Face Mask
- 2 ounces ripe avocado
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 5 drops chamomile essential oil
- Blend all the listed ingredients in a blender or by fork in a bowl. Add some more OJ if the mixture is too thick.
- Spread this mix over your face and neck and leave on for at least 30 minutes for it to start to dry. It doesn’t have to completely dry to be effective.
- Use warm water to rinse off the mask with a rough cloth to exfoliate while removing.
Honey and Oatmeal Face Mask
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- instant oatmeal enough to make a paste
- Mix all the above ingredients together with enough of the instant oatmeal to make a good paste consistency.
- Smooth this blend all over your face and neck.
- Leave on the face for 10-15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water. Pat dry with a soft towel.
- 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera gel
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Shea Butter
- Mix and mash the aloe vera, coconut oil and Shea butter in a mixing bowl until you have a nice and smooth paste.
- Spread the paste gently and equally with your fingertips on your clean face and neck: keep the eye area clear.
- Now lie down, relax and leave the mask on for 15 minutes.
- Then wash it off with alternately cold and warm water and end with a splash of cold; pat your skin dry with a clean towel. Finally apply a moisturizer, this way you "seal" your skin to keep the water inside.